Would you like to discover some new and odd facts about your kitty? Well you have some to the right place!
Did you know that cats have five toes on each front paw, but only four toes on each back paw?
When kittens are born there eyes are always blue but change colour over a period of time.
A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor. Ever notice that?
A cat can jump even seven times as high as it is tall. Cool!
A cat is pregnant for about 58-65 days.
Much like a child, how you treat a kitten in it’s early stages in life determines what kind of an adult it could become.
The Top 16 Signs Your Cat
May Be Planning to Kill You... (interesting)
· Seems mighty chummy with the dog all of a sudden.
· Unexplained calls to F. Lee Baileys 900 number on your bill.
· He actually *does* have your tongue.
· You find a stash of "Feline of Fortune" magazines behind the couch.
· Cyanide paw prints all over the house.
· You wake up to find a birds head in your bed.
· As the wind blows over the grassy knoll in downtown Dallas, you get a faint whiff of catnip.
· Droppings in litter box spell out "REDRUM."
· Catch him with a new Mohawk looking in the mirror saying, "Mew looking at me? Mew looking at me?"
· Takes attentive notes every time "Itchy and Scratchy" are on.
· You find blueprints for a Rube Goldberg device that starts with a mouse chased into a hole and ends with flaming oil dumped on your bed.
· Has taken a sudden interest in the wood chipper.
· Instead of dead birds, leaves cartons of Marlboros on your doorstep.
· Ball of yarn playfully tied into a hangman’s noose.
· You find a piece of paper labelled "MY WIL" which says: "LEEV AWL 2 KAT."
... and the Number 1 Sign Your Cat May Be Planning to Kill You ...
· Now sharpens claws on your cars brake lines.
The Top 16 Signs Your Cat is Overweight
16. Cat door retro-fitted with garage door opener.
15. Confused guests constantly mistaking her for beanbag chair.
14. Always lands on her spleen.
13. Fewer calls to the fire department, but a sudden upsurge in broken branches.
12. Fifteen month gestation period, and still no kittens.
11. No longer cleans itself unless coated in Cheese Whiz.
10. Rosanne fits through your kitty door without the aid of lubricants.
9. Catfood dish replaced with Rush Limbaugh trough.
8. Luxurious, shiny black fur replaced with mint green polyester pants suit.
7. It's no longer safe to lift him without a spotter.
6. "Steals breath" from all five quintuplets, simultaneously.
5. Larry King keeps trying to kiss it full on the lips.
4. Waits for the third bowl of food to get finicky.
3. He only catches mice that get trapped in his gravitational pull.
2. Enormous gut keeps your hardwood floors freshly buffed.
and the Number 1 Sign Your Cat is Overweight...
1. Has more chins than lives.
Kittens don’t seem bother you unless your doing your homework, trying to sleep or have something important to do.
Submitted by [stalker]
Cats are better than Dogs! Why do you ask? Lets see...
A cat's brain is more similar to a human's brain than that of a dog. (Explains their superior intelligence!)
Cats have about 100 different vocalization sounds. In comparison, dogs have about 10. (That’s 90 more ways to say I love you, or more likely, give me food!)
A cat can jump five times as high as it is tall.
A cat's hearing rates as one of the top in the animal kingdom (of course they may choose not to hear some sounds). Cats can hear sounds as high-pitched as 65 kHz; a human's hearing stops at just 20 kHz. A cat can hear a can opener from over a mile away (just kidding about the can opener, but it does seem that way).
Submitted by: [catelfemma]
Go back to Featured Fact